Closing Date: 9th September 2019
Are you passionate about Donegal?
Do you love to post your videos to social media?
Then enter the Donegal Connect short video competition!
Fresh from the success of our #LoveDonegal Day, Donegal Connect is asking you to share your short videos with us and let your passion for Donegal leap out from the screen.
What we are looking for
We are looking for passion over perfectionism.
So, preferably in less than 60 seconds, tell us about the things, places or people you love most about Donegal. Share a video you have already made or make a new one.. it’s up to you.
Don’t know what to say? You can tell the world what’s so amazing about visiting, living here, working here, or running your own business here.
It can be quirky, funny, serious, with text or without text…let your imagination and creativity run wild!
This competition is now open and closes at 9pm on Monday 9th September.
To register your entry, you must use the hashtag #DonegalConnect when you post your video to your chosen social media platform AND:
- If you’re posting on Twitter tag us or add, our Twitter address: @Donegal_Connect
- If you are posting on Facebook, tag us or add, our Facebook address: @DonegalConnect19
- If you are posting on Instagram, tag us or add, our Instagram address: @donegalconnect
- As YouTube no longer has tagging, unfortunately you can’t enter on this channel alone.
- Make sure your entry is posted no later than 9pm on Monday 9th September.
Videos should be short – preferably less than 60 seconds, but no more than 2 mins
All entrants must be aged 18 or over and by submitting an entry, you are confirming that you are aged 18 or over.
By submitting an entry:
- You are confirming that all permissions are in place, including use of images of children, which require the permission of their parents, guardian or e.g. club/group.
- You are confirming that you possess all rights, title, and ownership in the images contained in the videos to be shared as part of this competition, and grant Donegal Connect the non-exclusive, royalty free right to use, copy, store, cache, host, prepare derivative works, reproduce, publicly display and perform, redistribute, rebroadcast, and retransmit the shared video as part of this service.
- You confirm that your sharing of videos and any associated geolocational information will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s proprietary rights or rights of privacy or publicity.
Please note that sharing images/videos that could be deemed defamatory, obscene, pornographic, excessively violent, or to encourage unlawful activities is strictly prohibited.
Selecting and Announcing the Winner
Selection of the winning video will be conducted by our panel of judges:
- Ciara Sugrue, Head of Festivals with Fáilte Ireland
- Michael Tunney, Head of Enterprise with Donegal LEO
- Anne Marie Conlon, Communications Manager with Donegal County Council
- Video producer Paul McGuckin of Landscape Ireland
- Hotel and tourism expert, Deirdre McGlone
- PR & Communications expert, Trish Hegarty of Inis Communications
The decision of the judges is final and will be announced on Monday 16th September.
Donegal Connect is staging over 50 business, arts, food, heritage, music, sport, Irish language, family and outdoor events from 27th September to 6th October 2019. Donegal Connect is funded by Fáilte Ireland under the Global Irish Initiative. Additional funding, operational support and sponsorship comes from: Donegal County Council, the Donegal Local Enterprise Office, Donegal Diaspora, Donegal Tourism, Letterkenny Institute of Technology, Udaras na Gaeltachta, IDA Ireland, Donegal Food Coast, Pramerica, Abbots Diabetes Care, Randox, Harvey’s Point Hotel, and Donegal Global Irish.